Tuesday 26 March 2013

Today I am thankful for:

Today I am thankful for:
  • Completing the day ~ What makes this day so special? Well if I were to  rate today  on a scale of what I accomplished in the grand scheme of things, the achievements would be the size of a pin prick. If I were to rate it from a view of gratitude, then I would be thankful to all  those who worked on different goals, all with  the possibility of something good  coming at a future date,  for those willingly accepting additional responsibilities for the greater good, for the unexpected challenges which were dealt with. 
  • Coming home ~ In reaching home early, I am able to take a mental break from my day. I can  undertake creative activity so that my brain becomes recharged for tomorrow. I am able to just be there. I may not say a word, but I can give a hug, share a meal.
  • I can reassess my first impression of  today, either allowing my opinion to become better through acknowledging things that I did not realise that I accomplished or contributed to or accept that these things did not go so well and work on making them better.
  • Being able to acknowledge that there will be many days like today, because there are things that we have not been able to change permanently, but for some persons, there are sufficient changes  in today to allow them to  change things going forward.
  • For those who are willing to challenge their assumptions.
  • For those who are willing to listen to possibilities and contribute to something which makes a difference in the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment