Listen to music. Over the weeks leading up to Christmas, there was a lot of activity which was not of the season and I made a choice to listen to Christmas music just to part of the season. There were lots of songs available on youtube, some with the lyrics of the songs, some with videos, and I listended to music while I worked especially on weekends. Here were some of the top choices:
- There was the funny: "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgIwLeASnkw
- The melodious: Luther Vandross's Album: "This is Christmas" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CsIPOzIfVQ These songs represented acceptance of who we are, our past and our present.
- There was Nat King Cole's and his daughter Natalie's " Unforgetable" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uRtNMFfF-g.
- The discovery on Facebook of Pentatonix's acapella http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc which raised goosebumps.
- How to be present in a place where you have been absent for most of the year. This one was fairly easy, just be present and particpate in an activity such as cleaning up or decorating.
- How to be present to persons with whom you have lost contact either deliberately or through things you have committed to that they have not been a part of. This one can be solved in get together, "play games" either card or board. You may learn that you want to commit to getting together and learning more than you know. This becomes apparent when are dealing with children. :)
- How to be better to you and treat yourself better, Either treat yourself to things that you have not been able to experience either because you have committed to things elsewhere or overcommitted, or plan activities which you would like to participate in.This process was initiated with going to a movie... "Best Man Christmas".