Friday 1 March 2013

I am

"I am working on today, because I know how I want tomorrow to be!
I plan my today as best as possible to have a good tomorrow
It is not, that I am not trusting in the Lord, (for him to provide or that I am vain and conceited abut my abilities or my independence,)
But that I am trying to build a future where I can provide for others!"

St Joseph

One of my working on todays, is to start a Novena in honor of St Joseph, who I believe was one of  the saints in whose honor my father was named. Maybe he got a lot of his characteristics from St. Joseph as he never saw himself as Christlike. However just for this period I am going to acknowledge the Saint called Joseph. Another reason for the Novena is that I was educated by nuns in a school dedicated to St. Joseph. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novena_to_Saint_Joseph


The Memorare to Saint Joseph is one prayer that can be used for the Novena:

Remember, O most pure spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, my sweet protector St. Joseph that no one ever had recourse to thy protection or implored thy aid without obtaining relief.
Confiding therefore in thy goodness, I come before thee, and humbly supplicate thee.
Oh, despise not my petitions,foster-father of the Redeemer, but graciously receive them. 
Amen.


St Anthony

I am also going to start a novena in honor of St. Anthony for all the pregnant persons and for clarity of mind for those with whom we interact. The beauty of the Novena to St. Anthony is that I know it  has worked in the past with pregnant persons. The good part is that  you give a donation at the conclusion of the Novena. If I have to say this Novena repeatedly from now till June, something good will happen, either I will change or something else will.  I may end up with patience which St. Joseph is known for....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_of_Padua
http://www.stanthony.org/


The Responsory in Honor of St. Anthony

If you ask for miracles,
Death, error, all calamities,
The leprosy and demons fly,
And health succeeds infirmities.
The sea obeys, and fetters break,
And lifeless limbs thou dost restore;
Whilst treasures lost are found again
When young or old thine aid implore.
All dangers vanish at thy prayer,
And direst need doth quickly flee,
Let those who know thy power proclaim—
Let Paduans say—these are of thee.
The sea obeys, etc.
To Father, Son may glory be,
And Holy Spirit eternally.
The sea obeys, etc.
Pray for us, blessed Anthony,
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray:
Almighty God, you have given St. Anthony to your people as an outstanding preacher and a ready helper in time of need. With his assistance may we follow the Gospel of Christ and know the help of your grace in every difficulty. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
- See more at: http://www.stanthony.org/index.php/online-prayer-request/st-anthony-novena/#sthash.FSoG08VI.dpuf


Prayer of Thanksgiving

St. Anthony, God has helped me abundantly through your prayer and has strengthened me in my need. I thank God and I thank you. Accept this prayer and my serious resolve which I now renew, to live always in the love of Jesus and of my neighbor. Continue to shield me by your protection and pray to God for the final grace of one day entering the kingdom of heaven to sing with you the everlasting mercies of God. Amen.
- See more at: http://www.stanthony.org/index.php/online-prayer-request/st-anthony-novena/#sthash.FSoG08VI.dpuf


Behold the Cross

“Behold the Cross of the Lord! Begone, you evil powers! The Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered. Alleluia!”
- See more at: http://www.stanthony.org/index.php/online-prayer-request/st-anthony-prayers/#sthash.zLwTV5os.dpuf

Novena to Saint Anthony for Any Need
St. Anthony, you are glorious for your miracles and for the condescension of Jesus Who came as a little child to lie in your arms. Obtain for me from His bounty the grace which I ardently desire. You were so compassionate toward sinners, do not regard my unworthiness. Let the glory of God be magnified by you in connection with the particular request that I earnestly present to you.
[State your request here.]
As a pledge of my gratitude, I promise to live more faithfully in accordance with the teachings of the Church, and to be devoted to the service of the poor whom you loved and still love so greatly. Bless this resolution of mine that I may be faithful to it until death.
St. Anthony, consoler of all the afflicted, pray for me.
St. Anthony, helper of all who invoke you, pray for me.
St. Anthony, whom the Infant Jesus loved and honored so much, pray for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment