"I am grateful that love exists: familial love, (love between relatives), romantic love (a passion between lovers), agape love (divine love between God and friends), love of nature (the majesty of mountains, the lasting love of oceans) and the joy of laughter. We are stronger, kinder and more generous because we live in an atmosphere where love exists. I am grateful for that."
Coming out of that post is a reminder of the many things we say either in jest or to make others feel better or just good.. Here are some of my more memorable ones over the last few years:
Wine, women and song are a good alternative to Eat, Pray, Love!
Reading can be developmental.. Try to find websites that provide knowledge so that you learn from these sources... Over time, knowledge can bring wisdom!
Learn about the many agencies which work to preserve history/world heritage such as UNESCO's World Heritage Sites. "Heritage is our legacy from the past, what we live with today, and what we pass on to future generations. Our cultural and natural heritage are both irreplaceable sources of life and inspiration. Places as unique and diverse as the wilds of East Africa’s Serengeti, the Pyramids of Egypt, the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and the Baroque cathedrals of Latin America make up our world’s heritage." This sense of the need to preserve our heritage may have been born out of love. See the following links: http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/ http://whc.unesco.org/en/about/
Understand if the companies in which you invest are engaged in Corporate Social Responsibility and their perception of this activity. Determine how much of your income and investment will be placed in various types of companies and what will you do to make a difference in the world in which you live......
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!
- If you are crying, especially through the night, find a place where you have to sit up! That way, you do not end up with puffy eyes the next morning as the tears will run down your face freely if you are upright.
- If possible go to a public place, as you may be too embarrased to let the tears flow and you will get through the night without crying.
- Depending on your personality Yoga may provide more release and renewal than meditation.
- Women can be good dinner and lunch dates. They are wonderful companions for three hour lunches and eventually you will reach an age when you will not care what people think.
- Try something new, like learning to eat sushi..... Mastering the chopsticks will make you feel good. You will feel even better if it comes after an evening of trying to fit a roll in your mouth and insisting that you keep trying until you master it.
- Find at least two good sushi places to try over a period of time. It may be better than burgers.
|Sunset over Acre|
- Some websites are fantastic from the point of the images they provide either through photos or narrrative. We may not all aspire to be biblical scholars however we can develop knowledge which is not linked to faith or religion. After all the world existed for a long time and sometimes history and photos can be an independent learning source. Also a picture is also worth a thousand words.
- 'ACRE AT A GLANCE
- Get two historical cities—and quadruple the cultures—for the price of one visit http://away.com/features/world-heritage-acre-israel.html Why Go: