Tuesday 16 January 2018

Originally Posted on Facebook -Financial Planning Tip Jan 11, 2016 -001 Same Food Different Day.

Many of us have used that expression to describe different situations at varying times in our life.

However this week, I am using it with lots of glee as today I got about 5 fairly large potatoes for approximately TT$5.00 at one grocery during lunch.

Then this evening in an attempt to continue eating as much peas as possible, I stopped off at another grocery for Lentils at TT$4.99 a pound for another type of soup (some of the channa soup is still in the deep freeze btw). And I gave in and bought TT$11.35 in minced beef. Now many of you may wonder what is the big deal!

Well, with a little bit of seasoning, (red sauce) and some butter, I have potatoes filled with minced beef and mashed potatoes which will be lunch for at least two days if they last!

While the cost of the meal may be a bit far fetched as I am not counting the cost of purchasing a packet of this and that which I added to either the beef or the potatoes I am really happy that I can produce something that I cooked that will not break my budget.

Also on both occasions, the grocery stores were within walking distance of where I was or where I was going and visiting them did not add to my transportation bill.

My only regret at this time, is that there are no vegetable peels to add to my plants to fertilise them as that is one of the reasons behind eating vegetable soup

No comments:

Post a Comment