2.3.4North of downtown
Buildings and Places of Interest
For many years, the Government Printery Services was located at the intersection of Victoria Avenue and Tragarete Road until it was demolished between 2013 and 2015. according to informatiion which was provided at the "Feature Address for the Commissioning Ceremony of the new Government Printery Building, "In 1881, it moved from Mr. Clarke’s residence on Chacon Street to a new office in what was then known as the Tranquility District. That office, which was built especially for the Government Printery, was its home for one hundred and thirty-three (133) years." 
~ The Lapeyrouse Cemetery  is located along Tragarete Road and stretches from Philip Street to the corner opposite to Cipriani Boulevard. While the cemetery is not considered to be within the "Tranquility area", due to its proximity to this area, it is located on the opposite side of the Tragarete Road which is included in the Tranquility area, it is mentioned in this section of the piece. This cemetery serves as a melting pot of the people of Trinidad and Tobago as described in the following extract from The Caribbean History Archives by Gerard Besson of Paria Publishing Company Limited, "There are rows of graves with Chinese inscriptions, as well as small mansions for the French aristocratic dead. Elegant monuments commemorate the more conservative British, and imposing rotundas and tall obelisks eminent free masons of a previous century."
Here is a link to the article in Wikipedia on Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_of_Spain#Belmont