At one time in my life my personal planning worked in two ways, financial and strategic.
The financial planning revolved around:
- Letting my money work for me in an environment where interest rates were to the benefit of the saver;
- Making as few trips as possible to the bank;
- Transferring funds to my savings accounts as early as possible and
- Taking advantage of tax savings.
My strategic planning was based on:
- Cooking as many meals... or eating as many home cooked meals as possible;
- Buying from supermarkets to reduce the use of cash during the week
- Unless those funds came out of my daily allowance which included taxi fares, all of which were taken from my salary;
- Spending mini vacations locally and with a group so as to reduce the cost of rent, food and have family time and most importantly
- Going home by 6:00 pm during the week and by five pm on a Fri, so as to treat Fri night into Sat am as my Sabbath if I planned to work on a Sat.
Sun was for washing, cooking, baking, sleeping as at that time I lived in an extended family and those were some of the ways to be considerate of others.